Saturday 14 January 2012

BMW MOTORRADICAL - ISLE OF MAN TT 1939 - YouTube

GEORG MEIER WIPES THE SUPERIOR SMILES FROM THE FACES OF THE POMS AT THE '39 TT . . . .
THE 500cc KOMPRESSOR WAS SO GOOD . . . SURPRISE, SURPRISE . . . . THEY BANNED IT !!!

The thing I'm lovin most about having joined the modern world and starting this blogging caper is being able to interact with all the like minded crew out there and what you're up to, but also being afforded the opportunity to share the stuff that has been such an intrinsic part of my life long obsessesion with bikes, cars, and music with whoever's interested . . . .
My dad told me about Georg Meier and the legendary BMW 500 Kompressor's victory at the last TT prior to WWII when I was just a kid and was fixated with Ago and the M.V's . . . it wasn't until much later in life that I finally "got" the significance of the feat and what dad had tried to impart to me . . . .

This neat micro doco/bio piece I lifted from PooTube is a really good overview of the bike and it's superbly talented pedaller, Meier and what he achieved on that day all those years ago . . . . the old Boxer format can certainly rock and roll, you just might have to leave your briefcase and panniers at home . . . .
[you know what to do, click under here on on the title for sehr schnellster motorradikal aktion]
BMW Motorcycle Racing - Isle of Man TT 1939 - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment