Saturday 26 May 2012

BOYLE CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES AIR CLEANER . . . . THE ALL NEW 'THINNER PINNER' IS A REAL FERKIN GRINNER . . . . MINE ARRIVED IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY AND IT'S THE AIRSHIZZLE . . . . DAMN, I LOVE ALLOY THAT HAS THE AURA ONLY HANDS ON PRODUCTION CAN IMPART !!!!

MOST OF YOU HARDCORES AND INDUSTRY TYPES ARE WELL AWARE OF KIM FROM THE 'BOYLE CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES' OPERATION, I'M HERE TO TELL THOSE WHO MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM OR WHAT HE DOES THAT THE GUY AND HIS PRODUCTS ARE THE DUCK'S FUCKING NUTS . . . .

From the moment I picked up Project Shoveller, my '74 FXE, I knew I was going to be putting one of Kim's ultra clean Pinner aircleaner units on its Super E, I'm not really into anything with too much fancy detail and as soon as I saw one I knew what I wanted . . . . by the time I got onto him they were sold out but he said he had some more on the way just in a thinner section, I said sweet and waited until the newbie models rolled off the line.

I ordered the 'tumbled' finish version as I have always had a fixation thang for the look of magnesium performance parts from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Whether it's the centres of old Minilite and Halibrand wheels, Webco and Magnussen bike components, whatever, that dull, unpolished appearance just cranks my handle . . . . plus, if you change your mind you can always shiny the thing up.

The entire assembly is top shelf, finish and detail are both excellent, no scars, imperfections anywhere, the inner surfaces of the body where the vortex inducing cone sits is similarly a real confirmation of Kim's attention to detail, beautifully precise machining is evident throughout this area, even though it's never visible, [as is the inner side of the cover] it's there for a purpose and cutting corners ain't an option. Even the weld that joins the mesh cage together that holds the mini Uni Filter element in place is beautifully executed, and it's also perfectly concentric where so many similar cages are anything but.

Each unit comes complete with mounting fasteners and the option for either a traditional flathead screw or a hex head bolt to secure the outer cover to the main body, your choice completely.

There are so many good guys out there doing their own little trip when it comes to aftermarket parts, from legitimate go fast goodies, run of the mill mechanical pieces or strictly dress up stuff, Kim Boyle at B.C.M is another one of this merry band of brothers . . . . visit his blog and check out the kit he's knocking out . . . . whatever you do, you don't have to go to the same old sources for your parts, you shouldn't go to the same old sources . . . . if you give a fuck and if you want stuff that reeks of the makers hand, go to the folk like Kim, support the guys who care, the blokes who want the best out of themselves and won't cut corners, so you get the best there is . . . . thanks BCM, love your work !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment