Friday 31 August 2012

"49 PANHEAD BOBBER JOBBER" [BY 'YOHHOIFY' ON POOTUBE] . . . . HAVIN A BIT OF A THING ABOUT TRADITIONAL, BOBBED PANS AND KNUCKS AT THE MOMENT . . . . PLUS, WITH THE PURPLE PENIS OFF THE ROAD FOR CORRECTIVE SURGERY AND PROJECT SHOVELLER WAITING IN THE WINGS . . . . LIVING VICARIOUSLY IS ALL I'VE GOT FOR THE MINUTE . . . . AMERICANA AUTHENTICA FROM NIPPON LAND

Those of you who have seen the pics of the Purple Penis will realise it's basically a Farty Ate done with a big nod to the 'classic bobber' tradition, I never really cottoned onto the stock factory '48 so called styling and had it pictured in my head exactly what I was going to do to bring it closer to the type of jiggers so beautifully defined in the two videos I've stolen here . . . . obviously I'd love the real McCoy sitting in the garage but little chance of that shit happening for the time being . . . .

There's a real sense of simplicity and honesty to both these Hogglies by the talented lads from the Land of the Rising Sun, they have the purist, 'period totally correct' shit fully going on when it comes to this kind of kit and have done for yonks . . . . just as they do with every other form of the two wheeled kind. I don't know who the owner/builder is but he's nailed it with all the elements of  fuck off the dead metal, get more quickerer.

The only thing I've never been able to understand is why so many dudes seem to be in some unspoken competition to see who can have their bike idling the lowest . . . . it can't be doin too much good for the bottom end in an old 45 degree vee twin . . . . anyway, two perfect pans, ready to rock . . . . good shit I say

No comments:

Post a Comment