Wednesday 17 October 2012

"KING OF THE CAFES - 1955 NORVIN SUPERBIKE" ['MORTONS MEDIA GROUP'] . . . . HOLY FEATHERBEDS BATMAN, WHAT'S THAT THING IN MY ARSE . . . . IT'S ALRIGHT NOW ROBIN, IT'S ONLY A MONOCOQUE . . . . I'VE NEVER PROFESSED TO BE AN EXPERT BUT I HAVE SEEN A SHITLOAD OF BIKES IN MY TIME . . . . BUT NEVER A NORVIN WITH AN 'UNDER-CHOPPED', MONOCOQUE FEATHERBED FRAME . . . . GET THIS UP YA !!!!

I've seen the greatest of all Norton Featherbed hybrids, the mighty Norvin, in the flesh before, along with a Knucton and a Norsa in Brisbane and the usual array of Tritons, but never have I come across, either in the flesh or in any of the tons of mags and books I possess, an example with such a radically modified Featherbed as the one in this video . . . . allowing for the fact that the genuine, complete Vinnie was itself set in a monocoque frame I suppose the leap of faith to this end result wasn't that huge for the bloke who stitched up the beast's disparate parts into the jigger you see here. It sure looks the fucking bollocks to me, a tad bizarre at first but it grows on you pretty quick . . . . my only reservation is does the famed and fabulous frame lose any of it's structural integrity and strength with near half of the thing hacked off . . . . Mr Stansfield, any thoughts ???

No comments:

Post a Comment