Tuesday 24 January 2012

MAYBE I JUST HAVE A PREDISPOSITION FOR HOT LIME METALICS ON BIKES . . . ??? AN OLDY FROM THE VAULTS, FRENCH KISS KUSTOMS PAN . . . C'EST FANTASTIQUE !!

I WAS SITTING ON THE THRONE IN THE GENTLEMENS READING ROOM THUMBING THROUGH THE APRIL '07 ISSUE OF 'THE HORSE' AND CAME ACROSS A SHOT OF THIS SUPER NEAT PAN FROM "FRENCH KISS KUSTOMS" AT SOME SOUTHERN GATHERING THAT SERIOUSLY SEXED ME UP BACK THEN . . . SO DID THE CHICK WITH THE MASSIVE YABBOS STANDING BESIDE IT !!!

I thought it was P.F.C [pretty fuckin cool] then and nothing's changed now . . . Then, just before wiping time, I started to realise that I really do have the hots for classic hot rod lime green metal flake paint jobs and I reckon it's because when I was a kid growing up in the sixties colours like that and all the vivid flake purples, oranges, blues and reds that were being used by all those inspired by pioneers like Roth, Watson and Barris et al were so nothing like stock, factory paint jobs it was as though they were from some whole other psychadelic, koolade galaxy !!!

Now, as a fifty year old bloke, they still have the same effect on me today, makes me feel like a kid all over again, the French Kiss ride featured in the Horse only went to reinforce my belief, it's just a wicked gorgeous colour, throw in some sicko scallops and pinstriping and it's a complete winner.

THE ARTICLE I'VE LIFTED FROM AN OLDER "JOCKEY JOURNAL" PIECE ALSO FEATURES SOME OTHER SHOTS OF ANOTHER REALLY KILLER KUSTOM THE BORDEAUX BROTHERS PUT OUT THAT IS CROWNED BY AN OLD HUSKY TANK WITH ENGINE TURNED DETAIL ON THE EXPOSED ALLOY SECTION . . . . TOO SWEET !!!

Alright, that's it for now, take a look at some great shots of some bitchin bikes courtesy of the "Jockey Journal" and French Kiss Kustoms . . . . Lime Green metalflake . . . perpetually perty . . .
[click on the link right under this line or at the top on post title]
French Kiss Kustoms... psychadelic cyclewerks - Page 7 - The Jockey Journal Board

No comments:

Post a Comment