Thursday 9 February 2012

MULLINS CHAIN DRIVE . . . SEEENOR CASQUILHO, HE TAKE MY PESOS AND HE SEND ME SOME VERY SWEET SHEEET EEN A BOX . . . I SOOO HAPPY I NEARLY CRAP IN MY SOMBRERO . . HEES STOFF IS TEE NUMERO UNO !!!

I THINK I BLOGGED A WHILE BACK THAT I'D THROWN CAUTION AND POSSIBLY EXTRA TIME AND MONEY TO THE FOUR WINDS AND DECIDED TO GET ME A SET OF THE 39mm MULLINS TREES . . . WELL PEEPS, THOSE LI'L SUCKERS ARRIVED ON MY DOORSTEP THIS VERY MORNING, AND GUESS WHAT ? THEY ABSOLUTELY RULE  !!!

Both construction and finish quality are excellent, everything I'd hoped for and beyond, they reek of hand crafted soul and passion, the feeling kinda reminds me of how I felt as a kid when my first set of 169's arrived from Val Surf back in late '79 . . . you see stuff in mags and on the net for so long, then once you've actually ordered the shit there is that strange kinda 'interregnum' period where you're wondering whether they'll live up to your expectations when they arrive . . . well . . . like I said, above and way beyond !!!

The kicker pedal and accompanying hardware is also similarly bloody fantastic, raw finished, it has the necessary rough surface to insure the old hoof won't slip off halfway through the downswing and leave you with a quick trip to the doctor's.

Bottom line . . . . I couldn't be more chuffed with the trees and the pedal, all produced in house at Richmond and shipped promptly by Genius Boy himself despite an initial glitch that was totally beyond Brandon's control, he even threw in a bonus tee to make up for what he percieved to be a drama . . .

The Mullins mob aren't the only small, indy manufacturer operating like this, I know that, it was just my personal preference, however, I highly recommend when you're purchasing bits for your own scoot, forget the 'big guys', get off the beaten path and support your staunchly proud indy supplier.

FURTHERMORE, THIS ALL MEANS THAT PROJECT SHOVELLER, MY '74 FXE, CAN NOW FULLY SWING INTO ACTION, I'VE GOT A WEEK OFF SELLING PRIMO VINO FOR A QUID AND IT'S TIME TO HOOK IN AND GET SOME LONG OVERDUE ACTION HAPPENIN !!!

I'D LIKE TO THANK RICHMOND'S FINEST, MOST TWISTED METALURGICAL MAESTRO, MR BRANDON CASQUILHO, FOR GOING ABOVE AND WAY BEYOND THE CAUSE, UTTERLY INSANE BRO, FULLY LOVIN YOUR WORK MAN . . . . MULLINS CHAIN DRIVE . . .TOO FUCKING GOOD !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment