Tuesday 6 March 2012

"2011 BROOKLYN INVITATIONAL" VIDEOVERVIEW . . . . REALLY COOL MOVING PICTURES FROM RICHARD GRABBE OF A SHOW I'D LOVE TO GET TO . . . . ONE DAY . . . . HOOK IN AND DIG IT !!!

"THE BROOKLYN INVITATIONAL" IS ONE OF THE GIGS I WOULD ONE DAY VERY MUCH DIG TO CHECK OUT, GIVEN THE HEADSPACE BEHIND IT'S INCEPTION, THE PEOPLE INVOLVED AND THOSE WHO GET INVITED TO PARTICIPATE, IT'S RIGHT ON TOP OF MY GOTTA DO IT LIST . . . .

I HAVEN'T DONE TOO MUCH OVERSEAS TRAVEL FOR A FIFTY YEAR OLD BLOKE . . . . BUT THAT SHIT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE THIS YEAR WHEN I GO BACK TO THE STATES AGAIN  . . . . THIS TIME ON MY OWN, NO NEW BRIDE, NO RESTRICTIONS AND NOTHIN BUT FREEDOM AND THE DESIRE TO SUCK IT ALL IN . . . . I FEEL LIKE MORGAN FREEMAN'S CHARACTER IN THE 'SHEEPSHOP CONTENTION" . . . . EXCITED LIKE A KID BEFORE CHRISTMAS . . . . CAN'T WAIT !!!!

I was initially searching for "Free to Wander" to scope out again and happened upon this cracking bit of footage on Mr Grabbe's 'Vimeo' site, it's a pretty chill trip through the place and the bikes and certainly hit all the right buttons for me . . . . even being so far and so remote from events such as this, mini docs like these can really put you in the zone . . . . the whole interweb scene can elicit feelings and emotions that take you back to being that kid immersing yourself in magazines just to get somehow closer to the stuff you feel so drawn to . . . . [it's a shame I took so long to overcome my fears and phobias and begun to embrace it and utilize its potential] . . . . it's a groovy feelin, not as good as the real deal I know, but it will suffice for the present . . . . it'll have to !!

***** Big thanks to Richard Grabbe for the video and the Vimeo mob as well, to take a stroll around the show, click on below link or on post title and enjoy . . . .
Brooklyn Invitational on Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment