Friday 30 March 2012

LANCE MOUNTAIN'S "POOL SERVICE" . . . . SAW THIS ON THE 'KILLIN IT' LADS BLOG AND WAS CLEAN BLOWN AWAY . . . . POOL CONSTRUCTION NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD . . . . AND "MAN MOUNTAIN" HAS ALWAYS BEEN A SKATE HERO OF MINE.

ONE OF MY MOST LOVED SKATIES WAS THE RED 'FUTUER PRIMITIVE' DECK I HAD BACK IN THE MID EIGHTIES . . . . EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT STICK FELT GOOD UNDER MY SIZE TWELVE PLATES OF MEAT . . . . PERFECT CONCAVE, KICK ANGLE, NOSE AREA, IT WAS BLOODY PERFECT . . . .



Everybody knows that Lance has been through some shit and it's just good to see him come out the other side with talent and mind seemingly still intact . . . . hell skater then and now, some super cool stuff in this Nike produced clip, unreal compressed overview of how a pool is masterminded then followed by some classic ripping on the virgin shotcrete . . . .

I wish I could say I'm still out there and hitting it like Mountain, T.A and half of you guys I read about on your various blogs but I'd be lyin . . . . I'm still toolin around on a Gonz with my eleven year old daughter and skatin for fun but my left wrist is just a mess and the fifty one year old hips and knees are just about fucked and the desire no longer overcomes the pain . . . .

What hasn't changed is the feeling I get inside when I'm watching others tearing it up in a pool that is just perfect, like the virgin build featured here . . . . all my respect and kudos to all you guys and girls still out there going hard . . . . . inspirational shit, love your collective work !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment