Friday 20 April 2012

JANIS JOPLIN "MERCEDES BENZ" [MEDICINE HEAD MIX #2] . . . . THIS'LL PROBABLY PISS OFF A LOT OF THE 'PERIOD CORRECT' PURISTS, "YOU CAN'T MESS WITH JANIS !!!" . . . . FRANKLY MY DELICATE DEARS, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK . . . . ONLY DISCOVERED IT THE OTHER DAY ON ONE OF THE 4,529 CABLE MUSIC STATIONS . . . . BOOGIE ON DOWN AT 'CLUB 27' !!!!

I detest, as in, can't abide, loathe, hate etc, a hole lot souless, lifeless, offensively bland messings around with 'timeless' classics by tape loopin, drum machine totin, uninspired, no talent, rip off bums . . . . on the other hand, when it's done with empathy, understanding and a sympethetic ear and without the final result dumbing down and bastardising the original artists intent and character . . . . I can really dig it, and that is most definitely the case with this morphing of Janis' legendary "Mercedes Benz", the Queen of the gravel garglers delivery remains well and truly intact whilst being given a new and valid dimmension thanks to the Medicine Head dudes, whoever the fuck they may be . . . .



The funny thing was my just turned twelve darling daughter was trying to explain to me a few weeks ago that she liked a song 'about Mercedes Benz's by a band called Medicine Head' . . . . daddy didn't have a clue, thought it was another 'boy band thing', when I suggested that it could be Miss Joplin she dismissed me saying it was not one of 'my silly old tunes' . . . . kids say the darndest things !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment