Sunday 6 May 2012

"GODSPEED 45/06 X TIM VANDER", VIDEO BY CICERO DE GUZMAN JR . . . . VANDER FROM THE DEATH SCIENCE NEW YORK BRANCH . . . . A SLICK VID OF TIM'S SLICK AND SICK SCOOT SET AGAINST THE BACKDROP OF THE BIG APPLE . . . . CITY, COUNTRY, WHATEVER, JUST RIDE THE FUCKER !!!

As some of you know, I suck at posting pictures, which I will overcome asap, and I'm getting a '74 FXE into shape as my first full 'custom', with the invaluable assistance and guiding hand of my own personal guru, Roscoe Buchanan . . . . I am still struggling with the notion of whether I want to run a jockey shift and a spool only front end or stick a brake on there and have done with it and I've got to admit, having never owned a bike without the front anchor, it does wig me out a little . . . .

Watching Vander, a bloke well familiar with the operating processes, negotiate the streets of N.Y.C doesn't do too much to convince me that this is the thing to do for a hand shift virgin, with no offence in any way intended to the Death Scientist. Then again, you gotta pop the old cherry sometime and perhaps it's just a case of stepping up, going for broke and getting the fuck on with it.



The other thing that I'm tossing up is whether to have the shifter sited in front of my dick or behind my arse, I'm figuring for a rank beginner, maybe between the knees is the better option until ease of operation becomes as second nature us swapping cogs without deploying the clutch is . . . . the foot clutch/hand shift concept probably doesn't weird me out as heavily as relying only on the rear pick to answer any emergency type situation, maybe just do the 'slowly, slowly catchee monkey' thing.

Don't get me wrong here, I reckon I can hold my own in the saddle with most, but it ain't no use me bullshitting myself or others on a subject I have very little first hand experience of, as my old man said, [possibly the only advice I ever took on board at an early age] "if you don't know, ask a bloody question lad" . . . . well, if any one has any pearls of wisdom they feel like casting my way, feel free, it would be greatly appreciated . . . . off for a 'Big Moon' thrash in a few minutes, it's a perfect night to get in a quick 200 kays before an all dayer on tomorrow's holiday Monday, cheers folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment