Monday 23 July 2012

"HONDA Z50 HISTORY - HOW IT ALL BEGAN" [BY 'KARTRACER695' ON POOTUBE] . . . . BLOGLAND, AN EDUCATIVE EXPERIENCE . . . . CHRIS FROM 'SPEEDSEEKERS' BLOG EJAMACATED ME THE OTHER DAY . . . . Z50M, WHAT THE FUCK . . . . ??? NOW I RECOGNISE IT AS WHAT I THOUGHT WAS JUST AN EARLY 'A' . . . . THANKS JUNIOR, SEEK THE SPEED !!!!

Everybody's favourite tiny bike, with a near fifty year history behind it and still going strong, the Z50A 'Mini Trail' was the creme de la creme when I was in primary school in the late 60's/early 70's, would have sold my soul to get one but my mother had contrary ideas . . . . in a word, NO !!! Junior at Speedseekers, the most insanely diverse blog in the universe, put up a shot of a rather cute example and my ensuing comment was responded to by him with mention of the predecessor of the entire line, the Z50M . . . . holy small things Monkey Man, didn't even know there was such a beast !!!

So, as is my idiot, geek-boy want, I went off to glean more info on this mysterious great grandbaby of all the Flying Wing's teeniest range of mini rides, as it transpires, I was aware of the model by physical and styling reality but had zero idea that it was designated as a Z50M, I'd always just assumed that it was the earliest of the Z50A's . . . . turns out it's a wee bit like the first of the Honda fours, I think it was specifically labelled 'CB750' then from the next model they became KI, K2, K3 and onwards to K176 or whatever . . . . yeah, it's all useless trivia to some but to me it's the anal level of detail that excites me and constantly drives me off on spontaneous chasing of educational wild geese, Chris, a big thanks for the info buddy, muchly appreciated.

***** This little history lesson composed by 'KartRacer695' shows a brilliant pictorial history of Mr Honda's beautiful baby bike, the little 4 stroke that led many to a lifetime love affair with all things motorcycling . . . . even though I was never lucky enough to own one, countless hours spent flogging the living shit out of Tony Simic's was a life changing experience . . . . you meet the weirdest people on a Honda !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment