Monday 13 August 2012

"1965 SPORTSTER FIRST MOTOR RUN" [BY 'MRLOVECYCLES' AKA MR J ARMENTA] . . . . I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND DID MY BLOG CHECKING, NOOT INSPIRED ME TO POST THIS ONE . . . . JEREMIAH ARMENTA HAS CONSISTENTLY TURNED OUT WAY COOL SCOOTS CHOCK FULL OF LOVE . . . . HE CLEARLY 'GETS IT' AND DOES IT 'ALL' BY HIMSELF . . . . A 'COMPLETE BUILDER' FOR SURE.

I realise full well that never having met the man, nor seen his creative output in all their cold steel glory, leaves me well short of the league of you who have managed both these things, but I do know what I like and all of what I've seen over the last few years has been fucking brilliant. So, when Noot posted a killer piece on the Love Meister from this year's Sturgeon gig I felt compelled to dredge up something to second the emotion.

The beautiful little '65 Sporty in this vid is an illustration of the case in point, compact, free of fluff and fill, classic lines, everything in sync with the rest of the overall look, more noteworthy is the fact that the motor has also been rebuilt completely by the man from Arizona . . . . heaps of guys build some fucking wonderful 'rolling chassis' bikes, God knows there are tons of them that I love and would really be stoked to one day meet and yarn to their respective owners . . . .

A recent frank and enlightening email 'discussion' with a bloke whose work I and many others of you admire greatly has been lingering in my mind since, and the subject of one Jeremiah Armenta has provided the impetus to give it some air. To the non spotlight seeking 'complete builder' who initiated that spark, I thank him most sincerely . . . . his identity is a noot point, sorry, that should read 'moot'.

Very few blokes who can manage the hand fabbing of tanks, frames, 'bars, pipes, anscilliary bits and bobs, paint, whatever, also do the complete motor rebuild thing as well. This is not in any way a put down on those who don't, shit, I can barely manage swapping out basic components, not to mention full on, hand fabbed, creative stuff . . . . what I can do though, is appreciate as much as anybody, the sheer bloody genius of the fellas out there who undertake the entire fucking caper on their Pat Malone, from the frame to wheel lacing, fenders, oil bags to oil pumps, paint to pegs, carbs to complete motor refurbs, the whole sheboinker. Those dudes are in a very small minority . . . . it's rarified air up there at the mountain top, just them, the bike and the Chopper Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment