Saturday 25 August 2012

RICK ROSS "HOLD ME BACK" . . . . SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CONFRONT YOUR OWN SENSIBILITIES AND FRAILTIES . . . . THE NEW SINGLE BY BIG RICK WAS A TOTAL MINDFUCK FOR ME . . . . WORDS I FIND OFFENSIVE SPLASHIN ALL OVER MY SUBURBAN, WHITE BOY BOOTS . . . . BUT I AIN'T COMING FROM WHERE HE'S AT . . . . LET ALONE STANDING IN HIS SHOES . . . . TIME TO CHECK MYSELF !!!


I'm no sensitive new age guy but I stopped using certain words in my daily speech more than 30+ years ago when I tweaked just how fucked up racism is even by unintentional inference, and the descriptors for chicks that some of the black gangsta rap/hip-hop crew like to throw around has never, ever been part of my lexicon, if they choose to it's their call . . . . you know the story, someone speaks up one time when you say something that offends them and in that specific case you actually find yourself re-evaluating 'you', making the classic 'note to self' and consciously start to eliminate whatever it was from your routine speech patterns . . . . it's not being weak, nor is it pandering or selling out, just wising up and showing a bit of class in my book . . . . anyway, suffice to say that at first listen I found Rick Ross' latest pretty fuckin full on, still do for that matter, but every now and again, you gotta feel the pain of life . . . . have a mouthful of reality pie with a dollop of dog turd on top.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta put food on tha table............so I got me a Lexus.......

    ReplyDelete