Friday 31 August 2012

THE 1974 FXE AKA "PROJECT SHOVELLER" . . . . SO, HERE'S THE 'PHANTOM' SHOVELHEAD I PICKED UP JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS AS YOU SEE IT HERE . . . . IT'S THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE BITS AND PIECES I'VE BEEN RAVING ABOUT ON THE BLOG . . . . AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TELL IN A CASE LIKE THIS, A SOUND PLATFORM TO START CHOPPING AND FUCKING ABOUT WITH . . . . RIGID . . . . WHO KNOWS ???

Well, this is it, Project Shoveller, see, I wasn't bullshitting you guys and dolls, I just didn't have a clue on how to upload the pics I had taken of the fucker, but that is yesterday's news, there's lots to be done to get it to how I've got it in my head . . . . I reckon initially it's gonna remain as a swingarm model, not sure though, got a nice earlier model swingarm from Grant at Freedom Machinery which should lower it further in the arse end and get rid of the existing chrome version, we'll see how we go. Can't wait to get the gorgeous finned rocker covers on from Josh at Throwback, they'll just about be the jewel in the crown for sure !!!

Some of the shit on it that I hate has had to go el pronto, those fucking ugly pull back bars, shitty looking bling dick mirrors and matching headlight, the equally atrocious forward controls, the dinky flame-o tail light, the shocks and the tanks, these are the easy ops . . . . like a lot of Super Duper Glides, the sporty front end that actually works so much better for heading in your chosen direction, has been replaced by the wide glide, that's gonna go to make way for Senor Super Freak Casquilho's super duper narrow trees and 2" over staunchions, likewise the bobtail guard/fender will be flicked in favour of something simple, clean and tyre hugging . . . . not sure about pipes yet either, few ideas bouncing around in the cranial cavity.

Much of the rest of the thing I don't really mind as a starting point, of course I don't mind it, I fucking well bought the thing didn't I, like I said, it appears to be a pretty legit old girl, a good solid base platform to turn into my own piece of the Hardly Rideable Dream . . . . I'm really bloody excited about it actually, it ain't going to be a fully wild, totally hand fabbed, crazy freaky jigger, just a nice, mildly custom crafted, rideable, hopefully cool, scoot, I'll keep you up to date as Project Shoveller progresses . . . . oh boy, is this great !!!!
'74 x 74 ci . . . . wearing the '74's Forever' tee takes on a whole new level of significance . . . . cheers Lucas !!!
Look at those stupid arsed, fugly bars . . . . way too much blingy billet bollocks for my taste in cool . . . . gots to go !!!
"The Right Profile" . . . . well, not exactly, but I've seen worse . . . . just give me time . . . . and the talents of Roscoe
Ye Gods !!! Those bars are freakin abominable . . . . seat's moderately grotesque . . . . it'll do to sit my fat arse on for now
The heart and soul . . . . Project Shoveller's 74 cubic inches of Troubleheaded power . . . .  no big bore stuff for this rig . . . . soon to be tarted up with Josh Frazitta's finned rocker covers . . . . giddy up motherfucker !!!

8 comments:

  1. Ok ugly bars, ugly mirrors but Man !!! Holy fuckin 74ci and kick start !!! Wooo hooo !!!! :D


    Ooooooh my God, i just see the flames stop light ha ha ha ha !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cracking me up again Ollie . . . yeah, not the flame job I dig, it's gone now.

      Delete
  2. This is going to be good, it's already good - I love cone shovels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nicke, I hope so, first time with the MoCo stuff, all will be revealed. Hope the recording is going well, love the fact I saw some evidence of analogue input, bring the warmth !!!

      Delete
  3. Ahh troubleheads, you can buy better but you can't pay more. Have fun with it buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words of humour and wisdom from a sage, brilliant, thanks mate, fun it will be one way or another.

      Delete
  4. some fringed saddlebags ,matching jacket well trimmed beard and you'll be fitting right in at the next ride day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going down to the local stealership to buy me a whole mess of branded merch, some SOA tees, join HOG, get fringed and bagged and have me a gay old time, happy Fathers Day Mikey . . . bastard !!!

      Delete