Saturday 18 August 2012

"YE LIME PIE" [BY '1LOWFRO' ON POOTUBE] . . . . FIRST SAW THIS ON EITHER CHOPCULT OR THE JOCKEY JOURNAL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO . . . . A FUCKING BEAUT LI'L DAYTONA CHOP LOOKIN THE TITTIES . . . . I'M NOT HUGE ON LOTS OF BRIGHT/SHINY OVERKILL BUT THIS ROCKS !!!!

This is just one gorgeous wee ride, from top to tail, it's a perfect bit of design and the specific shade of lime green totally did it for me a couple of years ago when I initially clapped eyes on it, everything is finished beautifully and the end result is one of the tastiest lookin Trumpy customs I've encountered . . . . and you don't see a whole lot of the unit model T100 being utilised in chops either . . . . I gotta say from my own point of view . . . . I think I understand why as well.

As gorgeous a little jigger as they were, the baby Bonnie/Trophy did have a couple of weak points, and possibly the most irritating was the pins and needles inducing vibration put out by the 500cc parallel twin at just about any decent road speed, I got to ride more than a few of the little bastards over a six year period in the nineties and I can testify to it . . . . especially the twin carb Daytona . . . . so . . . . I guess the only reservation I'd have about 'Ye Lime Pie' in all its beauty and eye poppin cool would be how much more that buzzing, almost low voltage shock sensation, might be amplified with the smallest Meriden twin doing its stuff in a rigid frame . . . . but then again, who ever said that cool scoots were dictated by the laws and lessons of practicality . . . . fuck that, let's ride !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment