Wednesday 3 October 2012

LET'S GO BACK, WAAAAAAY BACK, BACK TO BEFORE EVERYTHING BECAME ALL SO SERIOUS . . . . BACK TO WHEN IT WASN'T UNCOOL TO SMILE, BACK TO WHEN 'FAMILY VALUES' DIDN'T INCLUDE SHARING A CRACK PIPE WITH MUM AND DAD . . . . BACK TO WHEN THE MEDIA WEREN'T LEADING THE PUBLIC BY THE TESTICLES TO THE LAND OF MASS HYSTERIA AND PANIC . . . . BACK TO WHEN SHIT WAS . . . . WELL, FUN !!!

These two classic ads from Kawasaki and Suzuki just take me back, back to when life wasn't complicated, certainly not for me as a kid growing up, that complicated shit was for my parents and their friends, fun and frivolity were my causes, not gettin all super straight and serious . . . . as much as it might be terribly fucking immature to admit it, I've succeeded at avoiding the whole 'complication scene' pretty well, nothing's really changed for me, as my ex-wife was pointing out to me only the other day, I've pretty successfully dedicated a lifetime to avoiding the shit that I've always thought sucked . . . . I don't have a shitload of money or anything else to show for it but . . . . I'm pretty fucking happy and I'm pretty well free . . . . it ain't perfect, but what the fuck is . . . . maybe perfection would be boring as batshit too . . . . I do want to travel more though, and this time next year, hopefully, some of that will have been achieved . . . . enjoy the time warp videos, it was great times being a kid back then.
POST SCRIPT . . . . YES 'ANONYMOUS', I REALISE THEY'RE AMERICAN ADS, IT'S THE NATURE OF THEM AND THE FEELING IT EVOKES WITHIN MY SOUL I'M TALKING ABOUT . . . . YOURS IS THE FIRST COMMENT I'VE NOT PUBLISHED . . . . GET SOME MANNERS NEXT TIME BUDDY.

No comments:

Post a Comment