Thursday 4 October 2012

"THE EVOLUTION OF AN XS650 CHOP" OR "IN AN OCEAN OF ORDINARY, ONE SWEET RIDE" . . . . NO REAL DIRECTION OR DESIRE FOR THE BLOGGING GIG CURRENTLY, TOO BUSY WITH MY DAUGHTER'S HOLIDAYS AND DREAMING AND SCHEMING ABOUT THE SHOVELLER . . . . AIMLESSLY DRIFTING THROUGH THE ETHERWEB AND SAW THIS CUTE XS CHOPPY IN THE TOP PHOTO . . . . FARK SAYS ME . . . . DEJA VU OR WHAT ???

I HAVE TO FESS UP FROM THE GET GO, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN PARTIAL TO THE VENERABLE YAMATRUMP SIX FIDDY, FROM ITS RELEASE IN THE DIM DISTANT PAST, TO ITS RECENT REBIRTH AS FLATRACK INSPIRED CUSTOMS AND CAFE SORTA RACERS . . . . HOWEVER, I ALSO HAVE TO ADMIT TO FINDING VERY FEW CHOPPED EXPRESSIONS OF THE TWIN POT YAMMY ANYTHING MORE THAN PRETTY DORKY AND SOMETIMES DOWNRIGHT UGLY, MY TRUTH BE TOLD, JUST NOT THAT MANY GUYS GET IT RIGHT . . . . THE SEXY EXAMPLE HERE IS THE EXCEPTION THAT PROVES THE RULE . . . . IN THIS WRITER'S OPINION AT LEAST . . . AND IN THIS BLOG, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME . . . . LIGHTEN UP DUDE . . . . IT'S A FUCKING JOKE !!!
I'm sittin there perving on the thing and noting how it all flows coherently together, not big on the seat to be picky, but, colour is perfect, tank size and angle, bars, pipes, the light, gorgeous front end and spool hub, not overly long with the rigid arse end, no bizarre angles, no hole in the guts, cracking placement of rear fender . . . . the entire clean, simple, pretty package reeks of cool when so many of its ilk possess all the non-attributes I've described earlier, in my not-so-humble opinion . . . . then it started nagging and gnawing at my fucked up memory, the sense of a deja vu moment, the ripple effect of a mini time-space-continuum displacement type thing . . . . BANG . . . . clarity . . . . I'd seen the Yamachoppy before !!!
So, I punch in 'XS650 chopper' and start scrolling down through the Tsunami of photos cascading down the images display, as if to justify my assertion, some fairly fucking grotesque models screaming from the screen, then there it is, same ride, well nearly, only it was from several years ago when I first saw it on whatever blog it was featured on . . . . only differences being it had the springer front, 80 spoke wheels, shorter pipes and I think, slightly different bars. It felt good to know that my gut feeling about the deja vu flash was correct and was also comforting to realise that this builder, whose name I discovered is 'Josh', got it just as 'right' in its first incarnation as he did with its rejigging a couple of years later . . . . as stated . . . . one cool, cute scoot !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment