Thursday 28 February 2013

THE CLASH - "STAY FREE" [IN STUDIO] . . . . A GORGEOUS AND COMPELLING TUNE FROM THE COOLEST BAND EVER TO WALK ON STAGE . . . . THEY WERE AT THE EPICENTRE OF THE PUNK MOVEMENT YET QUITE SEPARATE FROM IT AT THE SAME TIME . . . . ENCOMPASSING SO MANY DIVERGENT STYLES AND INFLUENCES, TEE NUMERO UNO WITHOUT A DOUBT . . . . IF I COULD HAVE ONLY ONE ALBUM FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE . . . . "LONDON CALLING" WOULD BE IT.

FILE THIS UNDER EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING TWO CATEGORIES . . . . "HOW TO BE A MAN AND GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR SOFTER SIDE" OR "IT'S ALRIGHT TO LIKE 'NICE', CALMING TUNES, IT DOESN'T IMPINGE ON YOUR MASCULINITY AND WON'T TURN YOU GAY" . . . . FREE YOUR MIND AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW

2 comments:

  1. Well once again we are on the same plain. This is my all time favorite Clash song right up there with Career Ops. Love this video and the last post was spot on as well. I feel the same way about my truck. My gramps was a hard as nails person his hole life and could out work me anyday. there are still some cool shit he built all over the truck that I will never touch. Sorry you missed Red fang you should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me three Anchorman, its sentiment gets me everytime . . . nice stuff about the truck man, sweet . . . as for Red Fang, I am.

      Delete