Thursday 14 March 2013

"4th BROOKLYN INVITATIONAL 2012" ['DOUGCRAIG WHISTLER'] . . . . SOME SERIOUSLY DECENT STILLS FROM LAST YEAR'S BROOKLYN GIG, COVERING WHAT SEEMS LIKE A GOODLY AMOUNT OF ENTRANTS AND PUNTERS RIDES . . . . FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN ON POOTUBE, ON BLOGS AND IN MAGS THE LAST FEW YEARS I LOVE THE FOCUS ON THE BIKES ALMOST AS 'ART' IN THE SETUP AND CONTEXT OF THIS GIG . . . . AND IT'S SLAP-BANG IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIG APPLE !!!!

I still wanna get my arse over to Born Free, I'd love to go to the Hippy Killer Hoedown, do the ride out to the Love Cycles bash, the delights of the Mooneyes gig in Yokohama, and so many more besides, but there is something that really draws me to the nature and appeal of this groundbreaking show in Noo Yoik, it's a bit hard to describe, maybe it's a combination of serious and low-key, perhaps my impression of it being just a tad more 'hardcore' than the others, or maybe it's simply down to the fact it's in the Big Apple, the one city I want to visit before all others, I dunno . . . . fuck, like I said, difficult to put my finger on it, so I'll stop even trying, apart from saying there are some great shots in this pastiche from Mr Doug Craig Whistler and it's fully worth taking the time to check it out . . . . I just keep expecting the Ramones to suddenly appear in shot and Indian Larry, English Don and The Steg to turn up on their respective steeds, but I'm weird like that I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment