Wednesday 3 April 2013

I'VE ALWAYS DUG THE WEIRD AND THE WONDERFUL FREAKS OF THE WORLD . . . . MAYBE BEING A REDHEAD DRAWS YOU TO IT MORE THAN OTHERS, BOWIE WAS THE FIRST CULTURAL ICON WHO MADE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE ABOUT BEING DIFFERENT . . . . RATHER THAN FEELING BUMMED I WASN'T THE SAME, THAT WAS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL ROUNDABOUT 1972 . . . . ALL OF A SUDDEN THE BARBS AND THE PAYOUTS DIDN'T MEAN SHIT, STICKS AND STONES, FUCK YEAH !!!

TAKEN FROM THE "NO, I'M NOT GAY AND SO WHAT IF I WAS" AND THE "THEY CALL ME MELLOW YELLOW" FILES.

I saw this beautiful freak on the long weekend at the cafe where I spotted the TX and it's owner, just sittin there doin his own little trip, not a care in the world, the purple/puce spats really got me, the bloke is a complete one-off individual and quietly proud. Immaculately turned out, exhibiting genuine poise and high camp cool, like a Flying Burrito/Lemmy version of Roxy Music circa 1972, he pleasantly let me take a couple of shots, and very kindly, without any self consciousness, spread his hands on the table as soon as he realised I wanted to photograph them . . . . I'm not at all concerned if you don't hold my view on this, but this is real cool showing genuine class, it's also bold as brass and brave as all get out, nothing to do with bikes, cars, skating, none of it, simply putting yourself way the fuck out there and not giving a rat's arse . . . . yeah, the dude was a legitimate gent for sure.

4 comments:

  1. They're few and far between... Cool Cats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting chap, and his research as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'research' is fully intriguing Laz . . . Son of Satan a yellow flare suit.

      Delete