Sunday 23 June 2013

"ANOTHER NIGHT WITH THE MAGIC LANTERN" . . . . I SPENT THE NIGHT AT THE HOUSE ON THE HILL ONCE MORE WITH GREAT PEOPLE, GOOD FOOD, GOOD WINE, GOOD TUNES AND GOOD TIMES . . . . A NICE RELAXING RIDE DOWN IN THE PERFECT SUNSHINE OF A WINTER'S DAY LATE AFTERNOON . . . . RUNNING IN TANDEM WITH A DECENT DRIVER IN FRONT OF ME, WITH THE PAIR OF US SITTING ON A 130 KPH ALL THE WAY . . . . EVEN THE SKIRTSTER GOBBLES THE GAS.

It was my fifty second birthday yesterday, so to get a good bit of distance under my wheels, spend some time with my friends having a fantastic, relaxed night, not getting too badly mulched, waking up to a cracker of a day in the Godzone, was a brilliant way to let another year slide by . . . . still feel the same as I did over thirty years ago . . . . I wonder what I'll become when I grow up ???

6 comments:

  1. Posts everywhere I look, I'll start here and wish you a Happy Birthday Mate. Hahaha, I said that with me 'orrible 'ossie accent as an attempt to amuse meself at an amazingly early mornin' hour...
    52...just breaking in, right? You'll never grow up,as long as you keep riding them sickles.
    I like the lanterns, especially the 12 volt (?) one made out of a soup can or something ...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an honorary Aussie Laz, cheers muchly my friend . . . the 12V is a classic little thing my mate Mikeey scored from a swap meet last week, just clip it on to the battery and instant illumination, it was actually a production item, I shoulda got a shot of the base, but at the time my brain wasn't quite at peak efficiency.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday for yesterday!!
    Reckon growing up's over-rated, I shouldn't bother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy, with you 110% and I don't intend to bother in the slightest mate.

      Delete
  3. don't ever grow up whitey, 'nineteen forever' happy birthday young 'un! fifty-two?, back in the day when i was fifty-two thing's were a lot harder, you kid's don't know how easy you've got it! great photo's mate, just one problem, paper lace? you've given me an ear-worm now, 'billy, don't be a hero.....' love you mucker x and here's a bigger kiss from mr's b XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BrothermuckerLover, I know you dinosaurs had to live in shoebox, or 'ole in ground, all we soft young kids can do is keep on going . . . I thought the earworm might come out to play, Mikeey has a penchant for collecting shit like that and The 'Rollers' et all, just to piss me off I suspect, and I couldn't get 'The Night Chicago Died' out of the old bonce that night either, cheers brotherman.

      Delete