Monday 26 August 2013

NEKO CASE "FURNACE ROOM LULLABY" . . . . YET ANOTHER ARTIST I'VE BEEN PROMPTED TO EXPLORE MORE FULLY CARE OF THE ANCHORMAN FROM K.C . . . . I ADMIRE GREATLY THE DUDES WHO PUT THEIR HEARTS AND SOULS ON THE LINE IN THIS WORLD OF PRETTY PICS AND FLEETING MOMENTS . . . . THE WRITTEN WORD WILL ALWAYS MOVE ME WHEN IT SPILLS TO THE PAGE LIKE BLOOD FROM A WOUND . . . . TURN ME ON, LIFT ME UP, LEARN ME SOMETHING.

Until yesterday, Neko Case was just a singer/songwriter I knew the name of but beyond that, fuck all else, a tune or two vaguely recalled from the radio and CMT, but no background, no reason to drag me in and open me up to the nature of the beast, not that I didn't want to be, the right input had never been something I could grab onto, the connection remained down . . . . doing the blog scan yesterday while my daughter was doing her homework I lobbed onto the voice of Underground Kansas City music, mo'cycles and history, Mr Ricky from Anchor Motoshop and he had his almost weekly Top Five thing going on, this one featuring Miss Neko Case. The Anchorman gives it all from the heart, every ounce of passion inked on his multicolored arm, no punches pulled, no territory too sacred, life as it is, not as you wish it was . . . . so here I am, twenty four transcontinental hours and thousands of miles away, enlightened, learned and buzzing on 'really' discovering the depth and beauty of a chick and her music that up to yesterday was just another vaguely recalled name on the merry-go-round of life, the connection's been made, I'm a better soul, cheers Grumpy Pants, don't change a motherfuckin thing !!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad there is one person on the upside down of the earth that "Gets It". She really is that good and just remember I loved her first.

    ReplyDelete