Monday 12 August 2013

WINTER'S A STONE COLD KILLER ROUND THESE PARTS, NEARLY MID AUGUST AND BARELY SCRAPING PAST TWENTY EIGHT DEGREES . . . . AT THE TAIL END OF MONDAY'S WORK RELATED MADNESS I TOOK A QUICK SQUIRT UP TO THE SEAWAY AND PARKED UP WHILE THE SUN DIPPED BEHIND THE DISTANT HILLS . . . . AS MUCH AS I LOVE 'THE PURPLE PENIS' AND WHAT IT'S NOW EVOLVED INTO, I'D STILL DIG TO SEE IT WITH A NINETEEN INCH FRONT ROLLER . . . . HMMMM

As I've made clear since my excursion into the blogosphere began, the skirtster is not by any definition a 'custom' bike, what it is though, and I'm prepared to make the call so make of that what you will, I really don't give a fuck, is a pretty cool, modified XL1200X, the Harley that all the self proclaimed 'cool kids' called bullshit on when it first came out in a steaming cloud of factory fart gas back in 2009/10, it even surprised me when the decision to get one was made, I knew I was resigning myself to the realms of the perpetually uncool who dwell in the land of the hipster, ha, screw that . . . . I had my little epiphany, my 'vision' of what I saw it being and have gone about following that from before the day I took delivery of the jigger, and now, almost three years on it's done like a dinner. Not including the 4.5 gallon tank and the chrome rims, only one genuine Harley accessory has been fitted and out of urgent necessity, the shift peg, all the other shit is aftermarket with a decent percentage coming from small, independent manufacturers and rest of the mods have been cosmetic surgery like paint, de-blacking, lightening holes and the like . . . . the one thing I would still like to do is fit me a nineteen inch front wheel at the steer end, not just because the handling would improve markedly over the 16 inch pig wheel but the stance and balance of the entire shebang would look about as good as this little hoglet could ever be, until this afternoon I thought I'd successfully managed to dismiss this notion from my remnant particle of brain matter some time ago . . . . it now becomes apparent that this is not exactly the case as I ponder these pics, hmmm . . . . just as Project Shoveller is about to get underway, dang !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment