Wednesday 18 September 2013

MORE GOODNESS FROM THE TRENCHES OF THE SUNDAY SWAP-A-THON AT B'DESERT [THAT'S HOW THE OLD TIME LOCALS PRONOUNCE BEAUDESERT] . . . . A REASONABLY TIDY, CYCLE PARTS ONLY, RESTO OF A 1935 FLATHEAD UP ON A TRAILER AND UP FOR SALE . . . . NOT BEING TOO UP ON MARKET PRICES FOR THESE OLD JIGGERS I WAS SOMEWHAT LOATHE TO PART WITH THE 25K REQUIRED TO MAKE IT MINE . . . . THE CHROME OUTER CASE COVER KINDA SUCKED ARSE.

The thing was painted in that contemporary Harley orangey yellow with super fine flake, almost polychromatic, which I didn't realise until I got up real close then had to avert my eyes so quickly I almost sustained whiplash, not my bag of frosted cocks but it's all good . . . . the owner chap, in black tee and beard in top shot, assured me, very proudly, that even though he'd thrown a fair chunk of cash at bringing the cycle parts up to scratch the motor hadn't been touched because some old fella had told him that's the way to do it . . . . doesn't quite make a shedload of sense to me but, hey, another cool old scoot saved from the deathbox.

3 comments:

  1. Great looking Ride but I too do not understand why you would spend hard earned Cash on part of the Bike and not at least go through the Motor?
    To each his own...

    ReplyDelete