Wednesday, 18 September 2013

MORE GOODNESS FROM THE TRENCHES OF THE SUNDAY SWAP-A-THON AT B'DESERT [THAT'S HOW THE OLD TIME LOCALS PRONOUNCE BEAUDESERT] . . . . A REASONABLY TIDY, CYCLE PARTS ONLY, RESTO OF A 1935 FLATHEAD UP ON A TRAILER AND UP FOR SALE . . . . NOT BEING TOO UP ON MARKET PRICES FOR THESE OLD JIGGERS I WAS SOMEWHAT LOATHE TO PART WITH THE 25K REQUIRED TO MAKE IT MINE . . . . THE CHROME OUTER CASE COVER KINDA SUCKED ARSE.

The thing was painted in that contemporary Harley orangey yellow with super fine flake, almost polychromatic, which I didn't realise until I got up real close then had to avert my eyes so quickly I almost sustained whiplash, not my bag of frosted cocks but it's all good . . . . the owner chap, in black tee and beard in top shot, assured me, very proudly, that even though he'd thrown a fair chunk of cash at bringing the cycle parts up to scratch the motor hadn't been touched because some old fella had told him that's the way to do it . . . . doesn't quite make a shedload of sense to me but, hey, another cool old scoot saved from the deathbox.

3 comments:

  1. Great looking Ride but I too do not understand why you would spend hard earned Cash on part of the Bike and not at least go through the Motor?
    To each his own...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep . . . weirdorama farmer, cheers buddy.

      Delete
    2. Yep . . . weirdorama farmer, cheers buddy.

      Delete