Thursday 17 October 2013

PREVARICATION AND PROCRASTINATION HAVE BEEN MY SAVIOUR YET AGAIN . . . . HAVING COMMITTED, OR AT LEAST BELIEVING I HAD, TO DITCHING PROJECT SHOVELLER IN FAVOUR OF ANOTHER SKIRTSTER TO CHOPPERIZE, I PROCEEDED TO BURST INTO RAGING LETHARGY AND DID NOTHING . . . . JUST AS FUCKING WELL, THERE WAS A DIVINE PLAN IN PLACE FOR ME AS IT TURNED OUT . . . . IN THE GUISE OF THE UBER TALENTED HAIFLEY BROTHERS HARDTAIL KIT !!!

Nothing that is worth doing comes easily, somebody said that once I know it, and at this point, I figure they were onto and into something. Project Shoveller was beginning to look like hard work once I couldn't get onto the initially planned for bolt-on hardtail kit from the now de-funked, PapaClutch mob in the States, fuck it I thought out loud and put it up on the blog after discussing it with Mikeeyrat and Roscoe, another sporty will be perfect, easy as, cheaper, available and a whole bunch of other bullshit to bolster my case . . . . I somehow think that perhaps Wes, the one guy who was clearly and honestly peeved at my softcock turn-around, at this stage possibly got on the hotline to the man above and started concocting a most cunning plan to bring me back to the fold and onto the path of troublehead righteousness, and part one of the plan was a piece of the proverbial cake, just let him lapse into lethargy and apathy and the rest will follow . . . . 

And it looks like the conspiracy has paid off as just this week the gifted guys at Haifley Brothers have released a perfectly wicked looking, almost stock hardtail kit to suit the shovel, complete with all the shit I adore, superb quality fabrication, factory appearance axle plates, top tier DOM tubing and the perfect, uninterrupted lines as though it had rolled out off Harley's own assembly line . . . . I took one look at the thing, read the blurb, and the entire Project Shoveller caper was back on track once and for all. If I'm going to do a rigid chop, then by fuck I'm gonna have it done good and proper. Later folks, I'm off to place my order before they sell out, giddy up !! 

3 comments:

  1. Variety, my friend, is the spice of life. And of course by variety I mean four distinctly different troubleheads! Lol!

    Good on you mate, you won't be disappointed! Care package will be in route soon!

    What year is the shovel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Mr Rowlett, thought you may get a wee buzz outta this . . . I was just so bummed when the PapaClutch hardtail became unobtainium . . . you can forget multiple models buddy, that's strictly for addicts like you !!! She's a '74 FXE mate, which was bit magical because my favourite Bonnie of the three I owned was undoubtedly the '74 . . . I look forward to the mystery package with great antici . . . . pation my friend, you are a bloody good man Wes, sincerely mate, big love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good move Whitey, Chopped Sportsters are a dime a dozen.
    You'll be real glad someday.

    ReplyDelete