Sunday 13 October 2013

THE GOLD COAST, ONCE UPON A TIME IT WAS A COOL PLACE, THESE DAYS, SEEMS ANYTHING GOOD IS UP FOR BEING TORN DOWN OR CHANGED . . . . THIS USED BE A NICE OLD TIMEY BEER GARDEN, BIG PICNIC TABLES AND BENCH SEATS, UMBRELLAS, JUST NICE . . . . BEEN DROPPING IN A FOR A COOL TREAT NOW FOR ALMOST THIRTY FIVE YEARS, ESPECIALLY AFTER A SQUIRT ON A BIKE . . . . NOW, IT'S JUST A DUMB PIECE OF PASTURE AT THE SIDE OF A PUB, WHAT THE FUCK ?

So, on the return leg of this arvo's thrash on the Penis Mobile, I dropped in to quench my thirst on what had been a pretty hot day in the Godzone, pulled in, cut the engine, stand out and then it hits me square in the eyeballs, no seats, no tables, no people . . . . no surprise I guess, what are the punters gonna do, sit on their arses on the grass, not everyone is as unconcerned with the realities of getting grungy as I am . . . . I went in, ordered a beer, went and stood outside by myself and reflected on the times spent enjoying an afternoon frosty one and a ciggy or two, finished my brew, extinguished my Marlboro and headed back to the scoot, for the last time, I won't be back . . . . unless they get their shit together and sort it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment