Wednesday 29 January 2014

CAME ACROSS THIS JIGGER YESTERDAY ARVO . . . . THIS TYPE OF THING ALWAYS LEAVES ME SCRATCHING MY HEAD . . . . I MEAN, WHAT THE FUCK, THE TOP OF THE SPRINGER WAS MY SHOULDER HEIGHT, AND I'M 6'1" . . . . I GUESS STUPID'S ALWAYS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

I don't even think this behemoth is suited to straight line travel, the springer didn't work at all and it flexed like rubber, steering head bearings were so loose it changed the rake upon braking, I could walk bent over between the forks and the downtube and could barely reach the 'bars, and I've got arms like a fucking gibbon . . . . I just don't get it and never have, even allowing for 'taste' being a subjective experience, I reckon the last dozen years of OCC and Biker Blurt Off have got a lot to answer for, either that or I just flat don't comprehend the 'new school of cool' . . . . nah, it ain't that.

4 comments:

  1. People been building outrageous shit for a long time. The bike works because it got your attention.

    Waste of a panhead. Even if it's an S&S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beg to differ Herm, like you, I've seen lots of outrageous and extreme, virtually unrideable choppers that grab my attention for the 'right' reasons, this one did it as a result of it's grotesque and nauseating aesthetics . . . it was a STD pan copy.

      Delete
  2. Was just looking at some pics of Choppers with Harmon front ends, and must say after looking at some graceful looking bikes...this one does come off rather clunky. Harmon was a local guy to this area, and several guys at the old shop I worked at had bikes with Harmon 'Spirders'. A Panhead, a Shovel, and a 750 Honda. Two of them were Chrome shop guys, so they were a bit heavy on chromium plating.The 750 had an 'Amen' frame as I recall and some crazy paint as the owner painted bikes. When I worked at the shop I had chances to ride all kinds of bikes with various set ups and get ups. Too many of them were not too practical, but a lot of the owners were more into the 'look' then any practical considerations.These days I'm more attracted to bikes that look like they could be ridden awhile without feeling beat up at the end of the day.Oh well, somebodies gotta ride the crazy shit...hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, like you say here Laz, because I lucky enough to ride so many different bikes other than mine for so long I tend to be more judgemental and bitchy than is healthy . . . I just don't see that 'crazy' has to mean ugly.

      Delete