Thursday 20 February 2014

I'M GONNA HAVE A CRACK AT SOME MIDS ON THE SKIRTSTER . . . . THREE YEARS OF OF THESE BLOODY FORWARD NON-CONTROLS HAS BEEN A LARK . . . . BUT METHINKS IT'S FINALLY TIME TO GET FO' REAL . . . . I'VE FOUND A NICE SET ON THE 'BAY FOR TUPPENCE HA'PENNY, DONE !!!

EVERYBODY SING . . . "WE ARE THE MIDS, WE ARE THE MIDS, WE ARE, WE ARE, WE ARE THE MIDS !!!"

Oh look, I realise there's a school of thought that dictates the forward control caper is a cool look and I don't fully disagree, and the Farty Eight is not an extreme example either, however, and call me an old school traditionalist, but after three plus years of the feet in front caper I miss the advantages of having the pegs directly beneath my tooties . . . . you know, just the basic necessities, like full and proper control of the bike through corners, the ability to stand up and stretch my naffing legs mid ride, like on a motorcycle, like a  . . . mmmmm . . . like a Trumpy, or a Beeza, a Beemer, shit, even a fucking Sporty as they once were. Yep, I've had enough of the Greasy Rider shindig, I'm getting back to having a bike I can really ride and scrape more stuff, stick the cool visuals up your arse.
****Plus, I'll be able to utilise the nice short Biltwell or Speed Merchant pegs I've had sculling about for the past twelve months, even more lean capability there for sure, I'll be entering the Purple Penis at the IOM next year at this rate . . . . Loveymucker, save me a spot in the garage, I'm on ma wee !!!
P.S - yes, those of you wondering where fuck the shift lever is . . . . pffft, least of my worries, I'll fab something up out of a twig and some baling wire . . . . this is Orstraya, it's how we roll . . . . nah, I'll find me a nice used one.

4 comments:

  1. There's a place in my shed for you anytime mr Williams, be great to see you over for next years 'classic tt' there's more 'colonials' over on the Island than brit's so you should feel right at home, plus there's loads of sheep, so, that's the 'entertainment' sorted then! Mate, seriously, ducati or 'false' bonneville waiting for you, might have a gear lever in my stash, have a look over the weekend and get it in the post if I've got one, I'll drop you a mail to let you know Mucker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful contemplation Lovey, it could actually be a possibility with Lizzie in grade ten at that stage, as you know mate, nothing could thrill me more than fulfilling a life long dream and having the pleasure of a northern summer getaway dossing in your shed, learning to drink tea, being bitten/licked by the half hounds, a thrash or two on anything with two wheels and generally hanging out, really stoked mate at the thought . . . as for the lever, hardly an issue mucker but would only too happily and gratefully accept any donation. XXX

      Delete
  2. Alright...now you are ready for some flat tracking and wheelies...seriously though, it will probably be a pretty nice ride with the new peg set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'll get the steel shoe ready . . . yeah mate, so right, I miss the position of the Bonnies, basically removes maybe thirty percent of handling option and capability, can't wait . . . see you at the Sac track !!!

      Delete