Monday 3 February 2014

PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN, JULY 23rd 1967 - FEBRUARY 2nd 2014 . . . . EXISTENCE IS SUCH A HEAVY BURDEN FOR SOME . . . . A LIFE LESS ORDINARY . . . . SADDENED BUT NOT SURPRISED.

Regarding the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman . . . . I'm deeply saddened and will greatly miss the opportunity to enjoy what undoubtedly would have been more brilliant work from a truly exceptional talent . . . . however, for some of those among us in the fields of the arts, the 'everyday' world is simply not enough to sustain their interest . . . . they crave more, they desire what many cannot even comprehend and this so often sets them on a collision course with the fates. Clearly Hoffman, like so many before him, was such an individual, don't judge, don't preach, don't sledge, it is what it is . . . . thankfully he leaves behind a wonderful body of work to remind us of his prodigious and unique gift.

"I always flirt with death, I'll look ill but I don't care about it, long journeys wear me out, but, I know, I can't live without it"

1 comment: