Friday 5 October 2012

THE ONLY CONCRETE ADVANTAGE OF BEING A CONFIRMED, DIED-IN-THE-WOOL, SERIAL PROCRASTINATOR IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES IS BEING 110% CERTAIN OF WHAT YOUR ABOUT TO COMMIT TO IS 110% RIGHT . . . . I'VE BEEN AT 109.99% FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS WITH THIS WHOLE BOLT ON PALAVER, UNTIL DIESEL POSTED A SHOT FROM BROOKLYN 2012 . . . . HOUSTON, WE HAVE TOTALITY !!!!

IN CASE YOU'RE A WHITELINEPSYCHO VIRGIN, I'VE POSTED A PIC OF THIS TOTALLY SICK RIGID SHOVEL A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, [I BELIEVE IT'S ACTUALLY A PAPA CLUTCH SHOP/PROMO BIKE, THE TOP SHOT COMES FROM THEIR BLOG] I'VE BEEN IN THE THROWS OF TAKING WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A FINAL DECISION ON BUYING ONE OF THE PAPA CLUTCH BOLT-ON HARDTAILS FOR MY '74 FXE, AKA 'PROJECT SHOVELLER' . . . . THOUGHT I WAS THERE BACK THEN ONLY TO START VACILLATING ONCE AGAIN, SHOULD I, SHOULDN'T I, OH FUCK, HERE WE GO AGAIN, THE ALL TIME KING OF PROCRASTINATION AND SELF DOUBT WAS AT IT ONCE MORE . . . . THEN DIESEL AT 'THE ZEN OF NEATO' BLOG GOT BACK FROM THE BROOKLYN INVITATIONAL AND POSTED HIS USUAL ARRAY OF WONDERFUL PHOTOS DOCUMENTING THE EVENT . . . . THE FIRST SHOT, AND THERE IT IS IN CURRENT GUISE !!! [THE BOTTOM PIC HERE]
I hate rushing at shit that means a lot to me, for fuck's sake, it took me three years to reach a decision on what new bike I was going to buy, and even then went at one hundred and eighty degrees from where I had figured I'd end up, hence I now have two [well, one and three quarters, allowing for the Farty Eight is not a truly a 'made in America' hoggly] examples of Milwaukee's finest in my garage when only two years ago I was still swearing I'd never own even one . . . . point being, there was something just not quite right about the final act of doing the deal and slapping down the redbacks for the Papa Clutch kit until I saw the photo on ZON, it was the clincher, the straw that broke the rigid's back . . . . I reckon the geometry of the kit supplied by them is the dog's fucking bollocks, it looks bloody first class, then, to run into the above shot of the same scoot from a rear or so ago only super, double, triple confirmed my thoughts . . . . it's on like Donkey Kong mofos, Papa Clutch, here I come !!!
Huge sigh of relief, the 110% factor has been reached, I just needed the final gear to mesh in the remnant piece of what once was my mind to be able to commit and follow through with my initial gut feeling, now the gears are fully engaged and meshing sweetly, come this time tomorrow, the deal will have been done and the lads at big Pappy's will hopefully be boxing up one of their primo hardtail kits to ship off to the Land of Oz, and before not too long . . . . Project Shoveller will be well on the way to fruition . . . . yee fucking ha !!!!

Big thanks to ZON and Papa Clutch for the photos.

2 comments:

  1. yep, you were right, sorry i ever doubted you big-white-dog-line-psycho-mucker, does look the canines 'fo 'sho 'sho, i'm liking 'yer pharcyde post, forgot what a tune that was, just one to throw in the mix though, i'm not going to post it though, have a listen and i'll leave it to you bro-man, cypress hill, 'boom biddy bye, bye'.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Lovebrother, I was almost doubting myself over the last week and a bit, funny thing life . . . man, the Hill, an absolute fave man, will have a browse for it, I still have have them on regular rotation in the car, happy travels over the weekend Lovey.

    ReplyDelete