Friday 21 September 2012

"RUMBLESEAT" - A SHORT FILM BY MIKE ROBERTS - MUSIC BY THE SADIES [MICHAEL ROBERTS] . . . . I WAS SORTING THROUGH THE QUAGMIRE OF DRAFT POSTS I'VE ACCRUED OVER NINE MONTHS . . . . FUCK, I'M LIKE SOME SORT OF INFO HORDER, THE DOWNSIDE OF BEING SPONTANEOUSLY AFFECTED BY STUFF I LOVE . . . . THIS HOWEVER, IS A 'MUST SEE' PIECE OF BRILLIANCE . . . . WATCH IT NOW !!!

I FILED THIS UNDER "SHIT THAT MAKES ME FEEL THE WONDERMENT OF CHILDHOOD AGAIN, BUT IN A KINDA DARK, MAGICAL ADULT WAY" . . . . YOU MIGHT CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY.

I came across Mike Roberts initially while searching for some of his other animation/directorial credits after checking out the awesome video clip for The Sadies "Horseshoe" some time back . . . . he'd done other more 'regular' work but it was his feel and empathy for the Rothesque cartoon medium that really flipped my flaps . . . . the visuals for 'Horseshoe' were, for me at least, like going back to the late sixties, early seventies, in my mind and the feeling it engendered within that bit of my subconscious that connects instantly with the soul component . . . . immediate subterranean, psychological time warp . . . . if you catch my drift . . . . man.
So . . . . anyway . . . . I saved "Rumbleseat" to draft and promptly forgot the sucker was even there until my spring clean of the bayou like swamp of material consigned to the 'save it for a rainy day' draw tonight . . . . I played it again and was instantly hit smack bang in the middle of the 'fuck me, this is just wicked stuff' gland, once more that invisible switch somewhere between the parietal and occipital lobes flicked on and I was away . . . . spiraling backwards in the vortex of the time/space continuum, yet, incongruously, anchored firmly in the now, a seven year old's emotional innocence and excitement running in a double helix with the darker, more sinister feelings of a developmentally retarded fifty year old teenager . . . . it makes me feel that same special way I used to when I was a kid, immersed in cartoons that took me out of this world, that feeling, the vibe, the spark, that I live each and every day in unknowing search of . . . . to get 'it' back . . . . if only for the blink of an eye.

Can ya dig what I'm layin down for ya cats . . . . do ya feel like I do . . . . can you hear 'Frampton Comes Alive' . . . . well, if you can hear that, you're a fucking lost cause loser and there's no coming back from where you're at . . . . childhood sucked balls . . . . dreams are for softcocks . . . . and as for choppers and bikes and shit . . . . go and get a real job, join society and grow the fuck up !!! 

2 comments:

  1. No job (fact) join society (Tried) grow up (never to late for a second childhood) i can dig were you at but change the color of yer blog man i get headaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, classic mate, stick with being you, you're good at it . . . I don't know what the thing looks like by the way, I'm colour blind, I let the next door neighbour's kid choose the format, ha ha ha, cheers Goose.

      Delete