Saturday 20 October 2012

"IN SEARCH OF THE ELUSIVE FEELINGS OF CHILDHOOD" . . . . I TRY NOT TO LIFT PHOTOS ETCETERA, ETCETERA, ETCETERA FROM MY BLOG LIST, IT'S JUST A BIT 'EASY' . . . . THIS TIME HOWEVER, I COULD'NT HEP MA SEF, THE DESIRE PROVED OVERWHELMING . . . . WHEN JEFF AT C.O.C POSTED THESE NEW PRINTS FROM INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED AUSSIE ILLUSTRATOR, ADAM NICKEL . . . . SORRY.

There's no great blurb or blither about to come on with this post, suffice to say that the bloke who came up with the timeless proverb about putting away childish things when we become men was so fucking wrong it's not even remotely gigglesome, to do that is to surrender to the grey/beige conformity of a societal norm that sucks minds and arse in equal measure . . . . I reckon most of us, the blogs I follow, the guys and gals behind them, the shit that unites us spiritually and so much more beside, actually spend our adult lives trying to recapture the magic, the spark, the special innocence we felt as kids when we happened upon shit that you could literally feel changing your mindset and filling your soul with life. Keep searching, keep that memory alive . . . . never surrender to 'them'.

Putting it as concisely as I can, Adam Nickel, from the Sunshine Coast, some three hours north of me, keeps that feeling alive well and truly within me every time I've come across his work since I first saw it quite a few years ago on some random web stuff while perving at retro 50's cartoons, followed shortly thereafter on Deus tees and it went from there . . . . anchored firmly in the post WWII style of comic illustration his graphics just drip with cool that bring on micro recollections and nano time warp sensations that have me feeling like a six year old boy all over again, the original Mambo designs used to do the same thing for me back in the eighties as have other artworks of similar historical influence since adolesence, I fucking love it, if maturity means losing touch with that . . . . stick it up your arse !!!
Looks like it has turned into an epic blither, oops . . . . anyway . . . . the series of prints that the extremely artistically and mechanically talented Mr Wright put up today are out of this world, a bit of a departure from much of Nickel's previous output, like some conglomeration of grainy, Warhol fused, photo-realism with a teeny bit of DC comic book darkness poking its head out between the cracks, it's just my perception, you'll have yours . . . . either way, get you and your crazy childlike mind over to http://churchofchoppers.blogspot.com.au/ immediately, if you haven't already been there today, check out the three other astounding prints available to purchase on the link to Adam's site and get some stuff that will be as valid a piece of illustration/artwork in fifty years time as it is right now, this is definitely something to leave for the kids . . . . I've got me a copy of the above Vinnie Dragster already, unfuckingreal . . . . I'm off to mess around with my Hot Wheels collection for a while . . . . ah, childhood . . . . bloody beautiful !!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment